Hello again! Sam here with part 3 of our gift guide series. At the time of writing this, a good friend was telling me of her plans to spend 9 days (9!!!) in Tulum over Thanksgiving. Since then, I've been dreaming of my own winter escape which has inspired the (mostly) warm-weather gift ideas below. The designers behind these gifts share my love of adventure, wanderlust, beautiful craftsmanship and supporting artisan craft. I hope you'll love them, too!
- Jeanne Sandal | byJAMES I love a pair of chic timeless sandals (think 1960s summertime along the Mediterranean)... and byJAMES offers the perfect selection. Handcrafted in Mexico and priced to justify buying several styles.
- White Beaded Cuff Bracelet | Sidai Designs These gorgeous white cuffs are the perfect statement piece for your winter beach getaway. Each design in Sadai Designs' stunning collection is handmade by Masai women in Tanzania providing economic opportunity for their families while preserving beading traditions.
- Wax Print Clutches | Clover Bold colorful prints from West Africa are stylish carryalls for your small goods inside a larger bag or eye-catching on their own for an evening out. I receive compliments on mine everywhere I go!
- Le Marche Dress | Doen The women behind the newly launched (Feb 2016) brand, Doen, know how to do bohemian chic and this dress is Exhibit A. Even better - Doen works with all women owned and run factories in India and Peru - helping empower females at home and abroad.
- Absolutely Beautiful Things | Anna Spiro Interior designer, Anna Spiro, is the mastermind behind the swoon-worthy style of Halcyon House in Brisbane, Australia that I'm always posting on Instagram. Anna shares her secrets for creating a beautiful space with layers of color, pattern, global accents and storied antiques. A must read for anyone who loves Australian style! Buy it from your local bookstore and support small businesses!
- Tensira Indigo Throws | Clover These cotton indigo throws from Guinea are wonderful accent pieces on a chair, a bed, as a table cloth or as a stylish picnic blanket. Each handmade piece supports artisan communities in West Africa.
- Tasmin Two Piece | Kiini These colorful crocheted 'kinis combine modern boho style with high tech fabrics for a perfect fit. Created by Turkish designer, Ipek Irgit, when she couldn't find the perfect swimwear. Just what you need for your mid-winter beach break in Tulum or apres-ski hot tubbing in Jackson Hole.
- Neroli 36 | Le Labo A divine scent is a luxury unto itself. Le Labo's fragrances are hand-blended to order using the purest ingredients, and the bottle is customized with the recipient's name for a lovely personalized gift.
- Batonga Baskets | Clover Handwoven by the baTonga women of northern Zimbabwe, these baskets are striking when grouped on a wall, and equally as eye-catching as a single accent piece on a shelf or table. A unique gift for design nomad in your life.
- A Trip to Remember | Cuba As a serial wanderluster, I believe in experiencing at least one soul-changing trip per year - at least! This year, for me, that trip was Cuba. Whether you join an organized group tailored to your interests - Afro-Cuban music, art or vintage cars? - or self-organize your own adventure, do not miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime experience to a country like no other.
Need more inspiration? Shop Clover's gifts by price: